Saturday, January 19, 2008

Dream Job

This is probably the last post for today.

I get full of myself sometimes. About my current job at least. Everyone has dreams of what they want to be and do when they grow up. I bet 80-90% of the population ignored those dreams and just took the job that was the most convenient to follow. The path of least resistance.

Well, why do I have to be like that? Not that I'm better than you, but I owe it to myself to be in an occupation that I love to do. Just because you think I have a great job with a good salary and it's what you did, why do you think I should do it? You don't like it either but you're okay with settling because it's easier than pursuing your dreams and other goals.

So, because you were too afraid or not ready to step out of your boundaries, everyone has to follow in those footsteps? I'm different. I'm not happy doing what you do.

I bet you're thinking I should prove you wrong, right? Either that or shut the fuck up, right?

I guess noone is really telling me that it is wrong, just to think it through if I want to do my dream job because it is in an entirely different field of what I am doing now.

To be honest, I don't know exactly what I want to do. I don't think there is even an occupation that exists. Maybe that's where my problem lies: thinking that everyone in this world (especially me) is supposed, no, destined, no, entitled to do what they love and only that.

No comments: