Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Signs and symbols

How do you know when something is a sign? I received two separate things where teaching was something that was spoken about once, then I ran across it again in a book. Teach in order to learn about the lessons you don't know anything about.

Today: fear. Fear keeps you from your potential. Fear of failure and disappointment keeps many people from dong many things. Life is "regular" all planned out. Fear to break the mold and follow your heart can lead to an early grave. How do youexpect to acheive your dreams if you are afraid?

Two things kept me going towards fear. Steve Harvey has an article in Sister Sister. He talks about instilling the freedom of fear from man. The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho. In the book, a protector talks about the two traditions. One is the same thing done over and over, the other is the one that allows you to go into the realm of the unknowing.

I was driving in major fear last week when there was ice on the roads. I had major fear of driving in that lane all the way on the left. Look at all that slick ice, I said to myself. Fear talked to me and I did not let it dictate my path. I decided to just do what fear wanted me to avoid. I drove on the ice. It was rough, yet smooth. It was a little slippery, but my car didnt go into a major fishtail. I experienced something so new to me. Something so not like me and out of the normal realm of my reality. Driving on ice! What a feat! What a small act that takes 2 seconds, but what a life lesson I learned. I have gained a lot of experience and knowledge and wisdom from that day with the ice.

1. Fear can disallow you to go where you belong: your destiny.
2. Fear doesn't always make sense, is rash, and demands too much time.
3. You can make it past that threshhold and when you do, oh how sweet it is!

No comments: