Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Regretfully, I regret not regretting...

I know I tell people I don't regret anything. For a while, I believed it. Regret is just a waste of time, I said. Why waste so much mental energy on things you can't change. Just learn from it and move on. If it was that bad, then never do it again.

Well now I'm starting to think differently. Maybe regret is your conscience's way of teaching you from right and wrong in a meaningful way. Maybe I need to feel the shame from regret so I can learn remorse for my actions. Now, I'm starting to look back on certain things and I'm just feeling real bad about some stuff. I knew it was wrong after I did it, but now that I look back and reflect, it's like: whoa!! Maybe I'm in a different frame of mind where I actually am more aware and my discernment between right and wrong is more tuned. I don't know anymore...

No comments: